WPT can be defined as World Poker Tour, this is a brand, which is recognized internationally and features televised entertainment and gaming. Virtually any person can become a member of the club and take participate in various events and tournaments. People can watch the events of WPT poker on television and the internet. Any person can become a member because the most basic membership is free. If an individual gets a VIP membership, there is a chance to participate in the most lucrative competitions and win over $100 000.00 every month.
WPT schedule review for 2020-2021
There were 18 rounds of world poker tour 2020-2021 schedule events that have already been played. The stages were held in different countries and various land-based casinos and hotels around the globe. Players who wanted to participate in the event had to commit themselves by taking buy-in costs. There are five more events that will be held in the 2020-2021 schedule and indeed any person may still take part in WPT poker at any time. The events include:
- DEC 27 2020 WPT Online Poker Open powered by partypoker US Network buy-in costs: $3,200 + $300 = $3,500 partypoker US Network;
- JAN 17 2021 WPT Montreal Online buy-in costs: $3,000 + $200 = $3,200 the host of the event is partypoker;
- JAN 22 2021 WPT Lucky Hearts Poker Open buy-in costs: $3,200 + $200 +$100 = $3,500 Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood;
- FEB 19 2021 WPT Russia buy-in costs: TBD Casino Sochi;
- MAY 01 2021 WPT Online Series by partypoker buy-in costs: not have been announced yet, the host of the event is partypoker.
The events of WPT poker took place in various locations around the globe but due to the global pandemic, many events were hosted online with the hostname “Partypoker”. This is probably the only major difference from what was happening in the previous years. However, the win prizes were unaffected because no matter whether individuals can travel or not, commitment towards playing poker and participating in a major tournament is still very high. Players are prepared to pay the fees and interested to play WPT poker in a big way.
The winners of WPT poker in 2019 in Australia
As it has been said before the events take place in various locations. Due to the fact that 2019 was more exciting than the current year, the Australian stage really put the hammer down and especially with the wins that were recorded. At the time when WPT poker was hosted in Australia, winners who occupied the first three spots of the winning table won more than a hundred thousand Australian dollars, which is quite an achievement. Here is how the final table was shaped:
- 1st place Hari Varma AUD 274,247;
- 2nd place George Psarras AUD 192,273;
- 3rd place Julius Colman AUD 123,933;
- 4th place Louis Yin AUD 90,207;
- 5th place Travis Endersby AUD 69,139;
- 6th place Luke Stewart AUD 55,326;
- 7th place Chris Barker AUD 45,851;
- 8th place Josh Emerton AUD 36,509;
- 9th place Joshua Bell AUD27,419.
All world poker tour winners 2019 could not hide their cheers as the Australian event is regarded as one of the most lucrative and prestigious.